CDL Road Check 2019 is comping up June 4-6. To avoid a citation, be prepared.
In 2018, 67,603 total inspections took place with 22% of all inspected vehicles and 4% of drivers cited and taken off the road.
Are you wondering how to keep yourself (or your fleet) compliant? It starts with being proactive, understanding the proper required documentation and maintaining equipment that meets or exceeds regulations. Download our helpful checklist to help keep yourself protected during Road Check 2019, below, or if you’d rather – just keep reading! Pass along to another pro driver to keep all our truckers safe out there on the open road.
- Make sure you have the following:
- Driver’s License
- Medical Card or MVR (Driving History Report)
- Hours-of-service records (logs, electronic or paper exemption applies)
- Proof of vehicles annual inspection
- Vehicle’s registration and fuel permit (if required)
- Make sure the following items are functioning:
- Breaks (including mechanical components, low-air warnings, ABS, and tractor protection valve/trailer breakaway brake, if required)
- Windows, Windshield, Wipers and Washer
- Fuel System
- Coupling Devices
- Tires, Rims, and Hubs
- Emergency Equipment (Fire Extinguisher, Warning Devices and Spare Fuses if required)
- Cargo and Equipment Securement
- Steering (including Mechanical Components and Wheel Lash/Freeplay)
- Review the Out-of-Service Criteria for questions about the pass/fail criteria
- It can be found here: https://cvsa.org/inspections/inspections/out-of-service-criteria/
- Get your truck washed
- A clean truck lessens your likelihood of getting pulled over
- Keeping your dashboard clean and free of clutter makes you appear organized
- Give everything a final glance to make sure your load is properly secured, and nothing is out of place
- Sign up with ORDP for CDL Coverage, coast to coast
- You can sign up for coverage here: https://www.protectmycdl.com/membership-application/
- Receive a citation that you’d like help reducing the impact to your CSA score? We also offer dataq challenges, in addition to assigning a cdl attorney to fight your case.